Chrishall school makes some improvements as can be seen from this article from the Essex Newsman of 1894 (32 years after the school was built). The Essex Newsman was a weekly paper first published in 1870, according to the Canvey Island Community site here who have some nice little articles from the paper.
NATIONAL SCHOOL ACCOUNT. – The new classroom, cloakroom, and entrance have been completed, and the Government Inspector has expressed his satisfaction with the work. The money required was raised by a voluntary rate of 1s. 2d. in the £, paid by the owners of land in the parish, the total amount being £120 11s.