Would you like to support Chrishall Archive?
Great! Thank you!
There are several ways you can support us.
1. Time is precious, so perhaps just keep us in mind!
When was the last time you heard someone say they had plenty of time or they needed some more to do? It’s rare if not unheard of these days. But you can really help the Archive by just bearing us in mind….. A few examples:
- If you come across documents or artefacts that you think would be of interest to the Archive please let us know. We can photograph or scan items if people do not want to part with the originals.
- If you see Chrishall items on auction sites such as Ebay and you don’t think we have the item already, please get in touch.
- Keep an eye out at local auctions and sales for Chrishall ephemera
- At house clearance or moving time, if the residents involved had any links with Chrishall see if there are any old photographs or documents tucked away
- DEEDS – we need your house deeds! Well we don’t actually need them of course but if we could have a copy of any deeds you have from Chrishall houses then this would really help with our Through the Keyhole project.
2. Sign up to the newsletter
We aim to produce a bi-monthly newsletter with snippets of Chrishall History along with what’s happening at the Archive. If you would like to receive a copy please sign up:
3. Financial Donation
Money makes the world go round and Archives are no different. While we don’t have huge costs it is great to be able to buy Chrishall items when we see them. If you would like to give a donation we would be very grateful.
Donations will be used for the following:
- protecting the current collections, for example with the purchase of acid-free storage for photographs and documents
- purchase of new items that become available such as local postcards on Ebay
- hall hire and speaker fees for local talks including The Irene Cranwell Memorial Lecture
- funding the exploration of local history such as geo-physical surveys
- running the Chrishall History website which incurs costs for hosting the website
- materials for displays such as paper, toner, printing posters etc.
Please use the donate button below or pop into the Archive when we are open. Thank you again.
4. Become an Archive Friend
Are you able to offer a little more? Such as a bit of research time, access to photocopying or printing, or a regular financial donation?
If you are thinking of making a regular contribution please consider becoming one of our Archive Friends by completing our Friends form – see below.
Choose the amount you would like to donate to the Archive. Please note that we are not currently a registered charity. Donations via Paypal will attract an admin. charge taken by Paypal and are not elgible for gift aid. All monies received by us go directly to support the Archive.
If you would prefer to pay by cheque please make cheques payable to “Chrishall Archive” and send to
Ramblers, Crawley End, Chrishall, Royston, Herts SG8 8QJ. Thank you so much!
Become an Archive Friend
To become an Archive Friend click here to download a form.
Please note: there is no charge to become an Archive Friend. However, if you would like to include a donation you can either send a cheque as detailed on the form or you can complete the form and then come back to this page and click the donate button below. Any questions do ask us via the contact page (see link above).
We look forward to welcoming you as an Archive Friend!