This photograph was probably taken soon after the spire had been removed. According to Chrishall Scrapbook this was when the tower was restored in 1914. Note the lamp opposite the main door. There seem to be a series of these lamps across the village. (Click to see all the lamps!)
Click on the small image above to see a much enlarged version.